||6 1/8x9 1/4
In this book, an expert in business strategy shows how to create and evaluate a strategic plan and execute that plan successfully.
When it comes to strategic planning, B. Keith Simerson knows from experience what works and what doesn't. Strategic Planning: A Practical Guide to Strategy Formulation and Execution weaves that knowledge into a roadmap for anyone charged with creating a strategic plan, evaluating a strategic planning process, or executing resulting strategies in an effective and efficient way. Not a one-size-fits-all solution, the book offers a menu of information and options based on a broad view of strategic planning and offers correspondingly broad applicability.
The guide focuses on two major aspects of the planning process: the multitude of factors contributing to an effective strategic planning framework and the multitude of drivers and enablers of successful execution. Armed with concrete information, readers will learn to create and execute a business strategy, a personal strategic action plan, or strategies for any kind of for-profit or nonprofit organization. Specific methodologies, tools, and techniques will guide readers to successful strategy formation—and execution.
- Concrete examples and case studies
- Templates and samples of materials used in various public- and private-sector strategic planning efforts
- A bibliography of resource materials about strategic thinking, strategy formulation, strategic planning, and strategy execution
- Draws from the author's proven track record of helping teams develop strategic plans for organizations of all sizes
- Offers tools, techniques, and templates designed to help the reader address likely strategic planning challenges and seize opportunities
- Provides options individuals can use relative to strategy formulation, whether they are acting for themselves or on behalf of their family, a community organization or association, or a private or public, for-profit or nonprofit organization
- Describes the skills and abilities leaders, facilitators, and participants in strategic planning must emphasize to increase the likelihood of optimal outcomes
- Author Info
"Equal parts sage advice, checklist, and forms for strategic planning and implementation, this volume is a nearly one-stop resource for everyone from the seasoned manager to neophyte consultant in need of guidance on setting strategic direction. The book offers a broad introduction to strategic planning with an emphasis on application. Readers will find the material directly transferable into practice. . . . The volume will be a beneficial resource for anyone tasked with developing a strategic plan or organizing a strategic planning session. . . . Highly recommended."
- Look Inside