||6 1/8x9 1/4
||Health & Wellness/Fitness, Nutrition, and Healthy Living
||Current Events and Issues/Health and Medicine
This book answers readers' most pressing questions about exercise and physical activity and will serve as a valuable resource to anyone interested in starting and maintaining healthy habits in this important area of health.
Whether it's going for a run or to a yoga class, playing basketball with friends, or spending an afternoon doing yardwork, moving our bodies regularly is vital for both our physical and mental well-being. This book explores the different forms of exercise and physical activity, their benefits and risks, why so many people find it difficult to be physically active, and how to create and maintain a healthy, sustainable plan for physical activity.
Books in Greenwood's Q&A Health Guides series follow a reader-friendly question-and-answer format that anticipates readers' needs and concerns. Prevalent myths and misconceptions are identified and dispelled, and a collection of case studies illustrates key concepts and issues through relatable stories and insightful recommendations. Each book also includes a section on health literacy, equipping teens and young adults with practical tools and strategies for finding, evaluating, and using credible sources of health information both on and off the internet—important skills that contribute to a lifetime of healthy decision-making.
- Makes the subject approachable and accessible to readers through a simple Q&A format, allowing them to find specific information quickly and easily
- Assists readers with developing and maintaining a personal plan for physical activity and a healthy relationship with exercise
- Helps readers to improve their research and critical thinking skills in a Guide to Health Literacy section
- Provides real-world examples of concepts discussed in the book through case studies
- Dispels popular misconceptions surrounding exercise in a Common Myths section and points readers toward accurate information
- Series Description
Q&A Health Guides
All of us have questions about our health. Is this normal? Should I be doing something differently? Whom should I talk to about my concerns?
Greenwood's Q&A Health Guides series addresses the questions and concerns of young readers on a wide variety of physical and mental health topics in an authoritative yet still accessible way. Each title follows a simple question-and-answer format that makes finding accurate information fast and easy. A collection of engaging case studies offers real-world insights, while a guide to common myths and misconceptions dispels the most pervasive and potentially dangerous misinformation about a topic. Each volume is rounded out with a primer on health literacy to equip readers with the critical thinking and decision-making skills they need for a lifetime of healthy living.
- Author Info